Interior Window Treatments
Plantation shutters are a great choice for privacy, light diffusion and airflow. Some styles are built for improved energy efficiency.
- Plantation Shutters: Classic style for modern homes. Wood or cellular PVC shutters with wide louvers (2.5”, 3.5” or 4.5” options at no additional cost). Fully customizable and made in an array of colors. Louver Shop of Charleston exclusive. Also known as plantation blinds.
- Classic Plantation Shutters: Premium wood and cellular PVC plantation shutters that create a traditional style in any home. Our most popular shutter.
- Heritage Diamond Select™: Solid wood plantation shutters built with top-of-the-line materials. They will set your home apart from the rest.
- LouverWood™: Cellular PVC plantation shutters that insulate three times more efficiently than wood.
- Signature Shutters: Solid wood plantation shutters with an exclusive build only available from Louver Shop of Charleston.
- Traditional Shutters: The “original” interior wood shutter with narrow frames and miniature louvers (1.25”).
Make your home more pleasant and fashionable with Hunter Douglas blinds from Louver Shop of Charleston. As tough as they are attractive, there’s a window blind for every room. A strong option to filter light and provide privacy.
- Horizontal Blinds: Traditional window treatment crafted in wood or PVC.
- EverWood®: Moisture-resistant PVC blinds that have the look of wood.
- Parkland®: Timeless horizontal hardwood blinds.
- Plantation Blinds: Plantation blinds have wider slats, like plantation shutters. Usually built from wood or faux wood.
- Mini Blinds: Horizontal aluminum blinds with long, narrow louvers.
- Vertical Blinds: Individual louvers clipped into a sliding track at the top of the blind.
- Cadence®: Soft vertical blinds with the look of drapes.
- Skyline®: Gliding vertical fabric panels with current style.
- Somner®: Custom vertical blinds in vinyl, fabric or aluminum.
- Vertical Solutions®: Budget-friendly fabric or vinyl vertical blinds.
Hunter Douglas shades can diffuse sunlight, decrease heat transfer and block damaging UV rays.
- Honeycomb Shades: Brings exceptional energy efficiency. Many air pockets give them a honeycomb-like shape and excellent insulating qualities.
- Applause®: Budget-friendly, energy-efficient honeycomb shade with triple-cell construction.
- Duette®: Most energy-efficient honeycomb shade available.
- Pleated Shades: A single piece of fabric that folds into neat pleats when raised.
- Roman Shades: One piece of fabric that hangs flat while closed and stacks when raised.
- Roller and Solar Shades: Simple, affordable shades. Curls around a roller when raised. Some models provide increased insulation and light-filtering capabilities.
- Designer Roller: Roller shade with more than 330 fabric choices.
- Designer Screen: Roller shades with UV protection and a view.
- Sonnette™: Traditional roller shade with energy-efficient construction.
- Sheer Shades: Provides both light and privacy. Incorporates vertical or horizontal adjustable vanes floating between backings.
- Nantucket™: Budget-friendly sheers that bring together drapes and floating horizontal blinds.
- Pirouette®: Customizable sheers with superior light control that combine drapes and floating horizontal blinds.
- Silhouette®: Premium sheers with exceptional light control that combine drapes and floating horizontal blinds.
- Luminette®: Combines the style of drapes and floating vertical blinds.
Hunter Douglas Operating Systems
Hunter Douglas brings a collection of motorized and manual operating systems for your blinds and shades. Available systems vary based on the product.
Motorized Operating Systems
- PowerView®: Wireless operating system controlled or scheduled via a remote or mobile device.
- SoftTouch™: Battery-operated system with wand operation.
- Vertical Motorized System: Remote or wall-mount system for vertical blinds.
Manual Operating Systems
- UltraGlide®: Retractable cord or wand stay at a consistent length when raising or lowering shades.
- LiteRise®: Cordless system works with your movement, pushing up to raise or pulling down to lower.
- Duolite®: Light diffusion and shade darkening in one product.
- LightLock™: Brings 100% blackout capability for Duette® Honeycomb Shades.
- Top-Down/Bottom Up: Open your shades from the top, bottom or somewhere in between.
- Vertiglide™: Cordless operating system for Duette® and Applause® Honeycomb Shades. Can be manual or motorized.
- SimpleLift™: Contoured bottom rail takes away the need for a handle, making raising and lowering shades simple.
- Cordless Lifting System: Cord-free spring-assist system to raise and lower large window solutions.
- EasyRise™: Pull on a loop to raise or lower a shade.
- Clutch-Operated Continuous Cord Loop: Continuous loop moves on a pulley, rotating a clutch to raise or lower a shade.
- Custom Clutch: Smooth operating system that provides the smallest gap possible between a shade and a window to remove the most light.
- Standard Cordlock: Locks into place for simple operation and sleek appearance.
- Combination Wand/Cord Control: Provides single control to traverse or rotate the vanes or louvers.
- Wand Control: Changes looped pull cords with a wand.
- Chain and Cord: Offers smooth operation and excellent light control.
Parts and Features of Shutters, Blinds and Shades
We commonly refer to these parts and features on our window treatment product pages.
- Architella®: Premium feature for specific Hunter Douglas products. Features superior energy efficiency.
- Cells: Sections that comprise a honeycomb shade.
- ClearView™: Proprietary Hunter Douglas feature that improves the outdoor view for select window treatments.
- de-Light™: Proprietary Hunter Douglas component for blinds that hides cord holes and reduces light leakage.
- End Retention System: Proprietary Louver Shop feature on hurricane shutters that removes the need for storm bars.
- IllumiCell™: Proprietary Hunter Douglas light-diffusing feature for Duette® Architella® Honeycomb Shades.
- Invisi-Lift™: Proprietary Hunter Douglas option for shades that floats horizontal vanes on a sheer backing.
- Louver: Wide horizontal panels in a plantation shutter.
- MagnaView®: Proprietary Hunter Douglas option for select horizontal blinds that nearly doubles the view.
- Polymer: Also referred to as faux or fake wood. Ideal for rooms with high moisture.
- PerfectView: Louver Shop of Charleston offers a modern operating system for our shutters that hides the traditional tilt bar from view. This provides smooth operation and increased view through the shutter.
- Slat: Individual strips that make up a horizontal blind.
- SofTrak™: Proprietary Hunter Douglas feature for vertical blinds ensuring smooth, quiet operation.
- Tilt Rod: Used on shutters to open or close louvers.
- Trielle™: Proprietary option for Hunter Douglas Duette Architella Honeycomb Shades that enhances energy efficiency.
- Vane: Hanging panels in a vertical blind.